The CONTACTAL® range®Contact paste for electrical connectionsALUMINIUM/ALUMINIUMALUMINIUM/OTHER METALS
CONTACTAL® pastes are either neutral mineral greases or mineral grease compounds and generally conductive fillers.
The best known and most used of these pastas is CONTACTAL® HPG (High Drop Point). The charges of a particle size and a selected geometry cause, when the contact is tightened, the rupture of the layer of alumina which covers the aluminum.
The contact is both improved and protected.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DIFFERENT PASTA CONTACTAL® (see table at the end of the page)
MAIN ADVANTAGES :
- Improvement of the electrical characteristics of the contact, more specifically developed for fittings with bare aluminum. CONTACTAL® is also suitable for other metallic conductors. métalliques.
- Protection against corrosion, against external pollutants (dust, vapors, electrolytes ...)
- High drop point
- Resistance of the paste to oxidation
- Resistance to runoff water
- Neutrality Alkalinity / basicity ≤ 0.1% ≤ 0.1%
- Good adhesion on metal surfaces
- Low oil bleeding
- Soft consistency that allows its use in a wide temperature range
- Stability in storage / no expiry (closed packaging - bleeding possible then homogenize the mixture while stirring)
CONTACTAL® pastes are advantageously used in:
- Electrical connections of the current transport (equipment, lines ...)
- Contacts on busbars and braids (feeding ovens, electrolysis trays, etc.) (note: use in this case only CONTACTAL® HPG, N190 or N250)
- Electrical contacts on rolling stock
- The contacts in power electronics, improving the evacuation of calories
- Contacts Aluminum with other metals
- Aluminum / Copper contacts outdoors. We must interpose a bi-metal plate, we will protect with CONTACTAL® as well the contact Alu / Alu that the edge of the bi-metal
- The aluminum contacts of fittings immersed in an insulating material will be prepared by brushing under CONTACTAL® N190 grease.